Scana Zamech’s origins date back to 1837 when Ferdi-nand Gotlob Schichau opened the machine work-shop “Schichau Werke” in Elblag, Poland. The work-shop manufactured elements for steam engines, equipment for sugar factories, oil mills and lumber mills as well as hydraulic presses and rollers. In 1855, the first seagoing ship with a steel hull and a propeller was launched from “Schichau Werke”. Scana Industrier ASA acquired the company in 2009. The company has an extensive service activity, in addition to being responsi-ble for Scana Propulsion’s sales to Poland, the Baltic and Russia.